- Visitor Information for the Neuro4D Conference in Mainz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany (PDF 100 KB)
The hotel stay (single superior room) for May 13 to 14th is included in the corporate conference fee and each speaker’s conference fee. Additional nights (e.g. covering arrival on Sunday) can be booked via the conference organizer. Academic participants benefit from a much reduced rate and need to book their own accommodation (alternative close-by budget hotel options are given below).
Alternative Accommodation in Walking Distance:
IBIS Mainz City
Tel.: +49 6131 2470
Hotel Burg Stuben
Tel.: +49 6131 9719809
Am Stiftswingert 4
Tel.: +49 6131 98264-0
At the end of the first conference day, we offer a tasting of Rheinhessen wines from Weingut Sommer and a joint conference dinner by the new chef Daniele Tortomasi following Philipp Stein (one star in the Guide Michelin & 17 points in Gault Millau) in the Hotel Gourmet Restaurant. If weather permits, the dinner will again be served on the terrace overlooking the Rhine River, which was much enjoyed by all delegates.
Accompanying partners can enjoy sightseeing in Mainz or a boat trip on the Rhine, seeing the world heritage site of the Middle Rhine Valley with its spectacular scenery of many castles and the ‘Lorelei’ from the river or during onsite visits.
- Directions Public Transport:
- The location is only 30 min by train from Frankfurt Airport! Take the train from Frankfurt Airport Regional Train Station below Terminal 1:
use the RMV vending machine selling tickets for local trains (shown below)
Buy an adult ticket to Mainz/Wiesbaden which is a flat rate no matter where exactly you exit. Use the cheapest (direct way) rate.
• Take S8 leaving every 30 min from platform 3 to final destination Wiesbaden. Do not use S9 (same platform) via Mainz-Kastel, as this is a part of Wiesbaden not Mainz!
• Alternatively, take a RE – ‘Regional Express’ (e.g. direction Saarbrücken, Koblenz, Bingen) all departing from the same platform and stopping in Mainz
• leave the train at ‘Mainz Römisches Theater’
• Take a taxi (10 min) in front of the station, 100 m to the left of the exit
• Alternatively, walk 10 min through the park after taking the rear exit of the train station (uphill, passing the excavated roman theatre) and ‘straight-on’ to the hotel.
- Directions for Drivers:
- Coming from the east via the A60: exit ‘Mainz Zentrum’ via the B9 and then enter Karl Weiser Str. on your left.
- Coming from the south (A63) or west (A61) via the A60: exit at Mainz South (Exit 22b) and drive → via Geschwister Scholl Str. → Emy Roeder Str. ← Hechtsheimerstr. ← Am Stiftswingert, ↑ Göttelmannstr. ← Karl Weiser Str.
- Parking is in the surrounding streets and in the hotel car park (16 € per night)
- Rush hour times are in the direction to Frankfurt from 07:00 – 09:00 and from Frankfurt in the direction to Mainz 16:00 – 19:00