At the end of the first conference day, we will offer a wine tasting of four selected varieties from Winery Sommer, Siefersheim. This will be followed by the joint Conference BBQ Dinner on the hotel terrace, or inside, depending on the weather, accompanied by a variety of local wines, soft drinks, or beer. During this time, you will meet other participants and can also discuss who should get the Poster Award: ‘For the Best Approach against Neurodegenerative Diseases, presented at the International Neuro4D Conference 2022’. The dinner ends at 10 pm.
Accompanying partners can enjoy sightseeing or shopping in Mainz, Wiesbaden, or Frankfurt, all easily accessible by public transportation. A boat trip on the Rhine River, seeing the world heritage site of the Middle Rhine Valley with its spectacular scenery of many castles and the ‘Lorelei’ is also recommended. If you are interested to tour a number of outstanding wine makers in Rheinhessen and Rheingau for a tasting and wine purchase, please request additional information from the organizer.
- Directions for Drivers:
• Coming from the A60: exit ‘Mainz Finthen’, follow the road signs through the village of Finthen, the Atrium Hotel is at the end of the village behind some trees on your right, 150 m after the ‘Total’ fuel station.
• Parking is free on the hotel parking lot. Simply pass the hotel entrance and go further around to the back of the buildings (see scheme), which is where the conference will take place and most guest rooms are located. Parking in the hotel underground garage is 13 € per night.
• Rush hour times are in the direction to Frankfurt from 07:00 to 09:00 and from Frankfurt in the direction to Mainz from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Detailed Information Access & Parking at the Hotel (PDF)
- Visitor Information for the Neuro4D Conference in Mainz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany (PDF 100 KB)
- Directions Public Transport:
The conference hotel is less than an hour by train and bus from Frankfurt International Airport (FRA)! Take the train from Frankfurt Airport Regional Train Station below Terminal 1, platform 3: use the RMV vending machines, shown below, are also located on the platform and sell tickets for local trains. Buy an adult ticket to Mainz/Wiesbaden, which is a flat rate no matter where exactly you exit. Use the cheapest (direct way) rate offered. You can pay contactless by credit card.
• Take S8 leaving every 30 min from platform 3 to final destination Wiesbaden. Alternatively, take a RE – ‘Regional Express’ (e.g. direction Saarbrücken, Koblenz, Bingen) most departing from the same platform 3 and stopping in Mainz Hauptbahnhof (Hbf)
• Do not use S9 (same platform) via Mainz-Kastel, as this is a part of Wiesbaden not Mainz!
• leave the train at ‘Mainz Hauptbahnhof’
• take Bus 55 (to Finthen) or Bus 56 (to Wackernheim) in front of Mainz Hbf station and exit the bus at station ‘Atrium Hotel Mainz’ (drive time 15 min, next to a ‘Total’ fuel station). The Atrium hotel is 150 m in the direction of travel on the right side.
• Alternatively, take a taxi (10 min) in front of the train station.